Thursday, March 22, 2012

Honored Memories










Shadow Box

Memories Honored

 
My Great-Grandmother loved to knit. She knitted several outfits for me as a baby and for many of our family.  My mom was saving several outfits as keepsakes.  These are even more special as my great grandmother passed away April 2011.  Before she died, I was able to make this shadow box for my mom, (who loves butterflies) to honor the thoughtfulness of our Grandmother in a beautiful way.


If you can't let go of an item because of sentimental value, make sure you honor the item instead of saving it in obscure places where the item can deteriorate and not be appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea for my sons baby clothes in my closet,
    Thanks - are "shadow boxes" easy to get?

    Can't wait to hang them on my wall, could never throw a few "special ones" out,
    or pass them on. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Abbie!

    You can get shadowboxes at your local crafting store. I got mine from Michael's. If you don't have one in your area you can also order them online: http://www.michaels.com/Shadow-Boxes/products-framing-shadowboxes,default,sc.html

    ReplyDelete